You are passionate about mathematics and eager to apply it to real-life problems.
You have confidence in your mathematical talent and dare to demonstrate it to us.
You would be pleased to work in a multi-disciplinary team and are prepared to be challenged to find original solutions to difficult problems.
You want to do fundamental research in an environment that has the creative atmosphere of the best academic groups and create novel mathematics with a game-changing impact on global issues.
- a very strong background in mathematics. A first-class or postgraduate Master’s degree or equivalent is the minimum educational requirement.
- the ability to rapidly master new domains of mathematics on an ongoing basis.
- the urge to share your knowledge and enthusiasm with a dynamic team.
We are particularly interested in applicants with highly abstract or pure mathematical backgrounds.
If you are excited by this challenge and the prospect of working in the beautiful city of Edinburgh, then send the following to :
- Your CV (with a list of publications, where relevant).
- A short non-technical essay describing your recent research or degree project, if appropriate.
Salary will depend on relevant individual skills and experience.
We do not require the services of recruitment agencies.